Monday, February 2, 2015

Favorite Foundation EVER!


Cover Girl-Ready Set Gorgeous


I was never one for liquid foundation.  To me, they looked cakey, thick, and just not good. I felt that they were clogging up my face and didn't like it!  I was a BareMinerals girl through and through!  All through high school--basically since day one of my make-up wearing life!  I remember my mom taking us to the BareMinerals store and getting matched for the right color and all that.  It was so fun!  I even got a VERY sparkly pink mineral blush--so concentrated that my mom still has it at her house!!  They had a lip balm that they literally showed us to dip it into this blush and make a pretty lip color out of it!  I thought it was the coolest thing ever!  It was a day to remember.  

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.  I was never one for liquid foundation, that is until I watched a video by one of my favorite YouTubers--MakeupbyTiffanyD (go check her out!)  She was RAVING (and still does) about this new Cover Girl foundation.  I had seen it in the store, and was intrigued by it, (mainly because of the adorable pink packaging), but never thought to try it!  

Literally the next day, I went to the store and bought it! 

I tested it out the next morning-obviously.  My life has been forever changed!  This foundation is no joke!  It is so blendable, creamy, and can we talk about the coverage!  HELLO!! My skin has never looked better in liquid foundation.  No cake face here!! 

It lasts ALL DAY LONG!  It is unbelievable how long lasting this foundation is!!  It is not matte, but now dewy really either--just natural!  It layers beautifully with my blush/bronzer/concealer etc.  It is what I am wearing in all of my recent pictures on the blog.


I use it with a damp Beauty Blender, and works beautifully.  I would be lying if I told you I have ever used anything else to apply it, but I am sure it would be just as beautiful with a brush or other kind of sponge.  My life, however, was not complete until I had a Beauty Blender.  Go get one.  Seriously.

It comes in a nice range of colors also.  I typically use 105, but sometimes I do mix a dab of 205 in with it just to warm it up a little and match my neck a tad better.  I also like the matching concealer that is in this line as well.  Just as good as the foundation!! Dark circles be gone!!

They also have a powder foundation in this line--I haven't tried that yet.  I probably should do that, right?  For comparison purposes...strictly business over here! ;)

For me, this is my holy grail foundation.  Now, of course I will try different ones, but this is it for me!  I think I will be hard pressed to find as good of a foundation at this price point! (Around $7.99!)

You can get this at any drugstore (Ex:  Wal-Mart/K-Mart/CVS/Walgreens or Ulta!)

No comments:

Post a Comment