Thursday, September 4, 2014

August Stitch Fix!

For those of you who haven't heard of Stitch Fix, it is a Subscription type monthly styling service. When you sign up you take an in-depth survey about your sizes, style, and how much you want to spend, and then your personal stylist sends you 5 items to try once a month (or as often as you would like as you can now sign up to get it at different intervals).  You can leave a note for your stylist stating specific types of items you need, or anything else you think she should know for that month!


The fee  is $20, and that includes free shipping and free returns. And if you keep any of the items they send you, you get to deduct the $20 fee from the total. (If you keep all five items, you also get a 25% discount, which luckily I have been able to take advantage of numerous times!  Something I wouldn't have normally kept because of price, I get to keep because it is ironically cheaper to keep it then to send it back and not get the 25% off!  WIN!

Here is what to box looks like when it comes! So cute, right!?  Makes me so excited when I see it on my porch after work!  




When you open the box you will see an Invoice showing what each item costs and what your total would be if you kept all 5 items, as well as a personally written note from your stylist saying why she picked what she picked, which I think is so nice and maybe helps to understand why she may have chosen an item that you are completely confused by! 




You also get a styling card that shows you how to style each piece you received in multiple ways!  This has really helped me pull from my own closet and incorporate my new things with things I already own that I may have not put together otherwise!

This month I kept all 5 items--what can I say, my stylist has been on point, and I have recently been clearing out all the cheapy/old/worn-out CRAP out of my closet and trying to build it back up with quality--NOT QUANTITY.  I think this is something that comes as you get older, and doesn't cover just clothing but all areas of your life! I would rather have fewer nice things than a closet full of stuff I can wear once, and then it looks terrible after washing once! 

HERE IS WHAT I GOT!  

(Please don't mind the pictures, normally I take pictures of me actually wearing the items, but have had some issues getting those up onto my blog from my phone!)

**Pomelo**--Wilco Solid Quilted Vest

Did I mention, I love vests! I own all kinds of vests, but none in this AWESOME color!  They are so easy to throw on over a sweater, t-shirt, anything really!  Plus, I am always cold, so vests are not only fashionable for me, but practical! :)






**Market and Spruce**
--Corinna Striped Heathered Dolman Top

This shirt is my new go to! Soft, pretty, comfortable and can be dressed up or down!  Definate keeper!




**41Hawthorn**--Aspen Boat Neck Striped Cotton Tee

This isn't something I probably would have picked out in the store, but its great!  Its comfortable and casual but still slightly dressy!  It looks SO CUTE under the pink vest!!





**Kensie Jeans**--Sophia Skinny Jeans

I am a jean-a-holic!  I wear them everyday, but it is still so hard to go to the story and find just a GOOD pair of jeans!  I don't know how Stitch Fix has been able to do it for me twice in a row!  These are similar to the last ones, but still so different!  These have a little more going on, with light whiskering on the thigh and goldish/copper accents!  LOVE LOVE LOVE





**Tart**Fernanda Animal Print Infinity Scarf

SOOOOOO SOFT!! Holy cow!  I wear this, and literally pet it all day long! haha!  As much as I like this, to me it was a little expensive for a scarf at about $40ish *forgot the exact price), but it was one of those situations that it was cheaper for me to just keep it and get the 25%, than to send it back and keep the other 4 items.  Love that part of Stitch Fix!!



Like what you see???  Try it for yourself!  I promise, if you fill your survey out correctly and honestly and give your stylist great feedback, you will not be disappointed.  

 I think my best tip would also be to create a Pinterest board and link that to your Stitch Fix account! My stylist has used this every time she has sent me anything and she has been spot on with every Fix!  She has even told me to keep pinning because she loves looking at it to get ideas of what to send!

Click HERE and get signed up today!





No comments:

Post a Comment