Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Preview/"Black Friday" Shopping!


 Here is a little sneak peak of our Christmas decorations for this year.  

More to come soon!



The night of Thanksgiving my mom, sister and I braved the crazy crowds and did a little shopping.  We didn't do a whole lot, but went to Wal-Mart for a few things--Craziest place to be on "Black Friday" (aka Thursday night at 8:00 P.M.), and then went to the mall and found some amazing deals at Younkers!  I got an automatic wine bottle opener for $10.00, KitchenAid mixing bowls-also $10.00 and a 10 piece Pyrex set for $20.00 with a $10.00 mail in rebate.  I hate mail-in rebate type deals, but this was too good to pass up! 

I also hit up Bath & Body Works and scored 6 new Christmas candles, a candle cover and a body cream for $50.00!! I had multiple coupons and took advantage of the Buy 3, Get 3 Free deal!  I am set for candles!!    They have some really cute ones this year (See above)!  The name of the candle isn't even on some of them, just silver and red stripes!  So cute, and totally different than normal!

We did all of our decorating on the Friday after Thanksgiving, per usual!  We had such a fun day!  We woke up and went to Menards for the sales there.  We weren't there too early, so a lot of the things that we wanted were already gone, but they weren't things we HAD to have.  Then we went to Hobby Lobby to get some things for my new WINE TREE in the kitchen.  (Pictures to come!)  All the ornaments are things made out of wine corks.  I even got Jake in on "craft time" for that one!  Then we had lunch at Applebees, and went home to decorate!  

That night we watched Christmas movies, "I'll Be Home for Christmas" (Helloooo Jonathan Taylor Thomas! haha)...and "Christmas with the Kranks".  What a fun filled day!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment