Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Weekend!


Happy Monday everyone!  Today is President's Day, and I was supposed to only have the afternoon off, but becuase of some "excitement" involving a water main break at the office, I get the day off!  Not the best reason for a day off, because it is going to be a mess, but it's still a day off! 

I am not sure what the plan is but I do need to at least go grocery shopping and relax a little bit!  (Laundry included in between)  I love days like this that I don't have a ton to do, or anything scheduled and not much to do around the house that I can just relax and enjoy.  It is kind of cloudy and gloomy out, which are my favorite days to be at home!  

Let me tell you about our weekend!  We had so much fun!  It started off by a not so fun event on Friday, a funeral for Jake's Aunt.  While I was getting ready for the funeral, I got the call that a water main was broken right under our office!  Exciting, right?! :S  After the funeral I did go to work and did what we had to do for the day, including getting things prepared for them to jackhammer a whole in the middle of the building!  After work I went home and Jake's nephew and his fiance' came up to spend the weekend!  

Lindsay and I went and got our nails done, while the guys did their Valentine's Day shopping!  Nothing like last minute guys!  We ended up getting our gifts that night, because, hello....you can't let us know there are gifts in the backseat and not give them to us!  :)  I got a beautiful necklace and a metal wall hanging that I have been wanting for behind my coffee bar!  Then, we then went out for mexican food!  MY FAVORITE! 

Saturday morning we slept in and the guys went to work, and we relaxed with Food Network and Gilmore Girls!  My kinda' Saturday morning!  

For Valentine's dinner we went to a restaurant none of us had been to, and it was pretty good.  Nothing beats a good steak!  We even ran into my parents oddly enough, so they joined us for dinner too!  

Here is Jake at our Valentine's dinner, and a selfie for good measure!




Overall, it was a good weekend that included all of my favorite things, pizza, tacos, manicures and jewelry!! What did you guys do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment