Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tip Tuesday--Cricut Vinyl Transfer Cheat

I just got my Cricut not too long ago, and my favorite thing to cut is the vinyl!  You can put it on the walls, coffee mugs, phones, laptops, tablets, plates....I could go on and on!  The projects are endless.

The vinyl itself isn't terribly expensive.  I usually get mine at Hobby Lobby for $7.00 for 2-12" x 36" sheets, plus I usually try and buy it when it is 50% off!  Not terrible.  The thing that can get pricey is the transfer paper!  For something you just peel off and throw away, it seems silly to spend a boat load of money on it!

Here are two of the first things that I cut out!!  
A tractor for Dad's laptop and a weiner dog for my phone!

So, instead of buying the transfer paper, go get yourself some Glade Press N' Seal!! Yep, it works!  It is so much cheaper and works wonderfully for smaller projects.


I do have to say, if you are making a larger vinyl cut out, for say the wall, I would spring for the transfer paper, but for plates, mugs, laptops, etc. the cheaper route works wonders!!

Hope I saved you all some $$$$$$!  Now go create some awesome things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment