Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tip Tuesday--Drink your water!!


This is a pretty obvious tip for today.  I used to drink a Mountain Dew/Dr. Pepper for breakfast EVERY morning!  I know, it's awful, but it was my thing!  About 1 1/2 years ago a gave it up.  I started drinking more water, and no pop for breakfast.  I limited myself to a pop on the weekends when we would go out for dinner and that was usually it.

Now obviously, I had my slip ups, but eventually I started to not even want it!

Water was my new best friend!  I craved it, and I felt terrible if I hadn't drank enough!

My challenge to you is to start limiting your pop and drinking more water to replace it.

Get cute water bottles that show the ounces on the side of the bottle so you know just how much you have had.  Also, it is a good idea to write times on the side of the bottle next to the ounces.



These Contigo water bottles are my absolute favorite!  
You can get them at Wal-Mart for around $10.00 depending on the size you get!
They have a 24 oz. one and a 32 oz. one!


Ex:  By 10 A.M. your water should be down to the 16 oz. line.

Having a visual really helps keep you accountable!

Also, adding those flavored water drops really helps!  They come in so many flavors and keeps it interesting!!

Drinking more water and less sugary beverages will promote healthy metabolism, will help you sleep better, and believe it or not, helps you alleviate water weight!  Your body won't hold on to as much if you are constantly drinking!

Trust me, its not fun at first, but you will get used to it and feel so much better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment